What is the West Nile Virus?
West Nile Virus (WNV) is a potentially serious mosquito-borne illness. Experts believe WNV is established as a seasonal epidemic in North America that flares up in the summer and continues into the fall. Most often, WNV is spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. The mosquito contracts the virus when they feed on infected birds.
Protect Your Family Against West Nile Virus
Approximately 86 West Nile human fatalities were reported in Texas in 2012. The easiest and best way to avoid West Nile Virus is to prevent Mosquito bites. Controlling the mosquito population around your home is key. Stonecreek Solutions Automatic Insect Misting Systems assist homeowners in their personal protection measures to reduce the likelihood of being bitten by infected mosquitoes. This system will offer the home owner up to a 95% reduction in mosquito activity around their homes, pools,gardens and outdoor facilities. This will also offer a better alternative than the usual over the counter remedies. Lotions, gels,pump sprays and outdoor candles can leave an undesirable scent and more often than not are ineffective.
The Stonecreek Solutions Automatic Insect Misting System offers an easy to use timer,allowing pre-set times to emit the mist; offering the Automatic luxury of taking care of the misting for you.
Let us take care of your mosquito problem for you!
Call Us Today @ 877-806-2982 Toll Free
West Nile Facts
- Spread to humans through infected mosquitos
- People typically develop symptoms between & 14 days of being bitten
- Approximately 80% of people who are infected will not show symptoms
- Currently there is no vaccine for West Nile
- People over the age of 50 are at a higher risk of developing serious symptoms
- Mosquitos are most active at dusk & dawn
- Mosquitos use standing water sources to breed
- Only the female mosquito can bite
- Mosquitos can carry yellow fever, dengue & encephalitis
For additional information on West Nile Virus, we offer the following informational finks for your review: